Book your service
A secret to a long-lasting, well-performing car is to service it periodically. Whenever you visit Phillips Tyres for a car service at Oxford, our technicians will inspect all its essential components to make sure it runs trouble free. It keeps the running costs low and increases your car’s resale value.
You will find some of the most experienced mechanics from all over the UK at our workshop. They are well aware of the parameters defined by your car’s maker and will service it accordingly.
When should you bring your car for service?
Experts recommend a full service once every 12,000 miles (or once every year, whichever comes first). Also, if you drive around the city, you can get an interim service every 6000 miles (or every six months, whichever comes first).
Most modern cars feature a self-diagnostic system, which will advise you when a service is required. These warnings should not be ignored, and you should visit Phillips Tyres for the next car servicing.
What types of services we offer –
You will find both interim and full service offered at an affordable price in our Oxford workshop. Let’s break down what do we include in each of them so that you get a clear idea of which one to choose from.
- Interim service – Ideal for a city commuter, our interim car service at Oxford includes –
- ABS (anti-lock braking system)
- Timing Belt
- Warning Lights
- Interior and Exterior Lights
- Windscreen wipers and rear view mirror
- Fuel Cap
- Air conditioning
- Power steering
- Fan Belts
- Gearbox Oil
- Fluid Levels
- Engine Oil
- Oil Filter replacement
- Exhaust Emissions
- Fuel lines, Brake Pipes, Hoses and Handbrake
- Brake Pads & Discs
- Full service – Full service is more popular among our customers as it gives them a complete package when they come for a car repair at Oxford. Phillips tyres is also rated one of the best in town for our affordable price tag and quality of service.
Our full service includes everything in the interim service plus–
- Complete flush and refill of engine oil.
- Inspection and if needed, replacement of spark plugs.
- Compulsory replacement of air and oil filter.
- Inspection and repair of any scratches and bumps on the vehicle chassis.
Why should you service your vehicle periodically?
- Safety – A service engineer will perform an inspection of the core components of your vehicle. This assessment is to make sure that they are functioning effectively and helps identify any parts that require repair or replacement. Vehicle service ensures the safety of you and your loved ones.
- Future sale of your vehicle – A car that can provide evidence of regular servicing or a full-service history is always more attractive to a potential buyer. A buyer will pay more for a vehicle that can prove that it has been well maintained.
- Expense – Regular car servicing helps to save you money on fuel. When every component is in good shape it allows the engine to run smoothly and efficiently. All of these maintenance checks will mean that your vehicle will need a lot less running cost.
The UK government enforces strict laws regarding safety and emission standards of a vehicle. If you fail to meet them, you will have to pay a hefty fine whenever you take your car out. The best way to avoid that is to keep your vehicle in top-notch condition, and our car service at Oxford will help you do that. We also log every service detail in your car’s service book for future reference.
So what are you waiting for?
If you are looking for an affordable car repair at Oxford, visit us today. Call us, or visit our website to get quotes and more details – we are always happy to help.