Book your service
When the summer sets in, most of the UK’s population go for long drives in their cars. That’s why a car-check in summer is very important to ensure that these drives are peaceful and enjoyable. An unmaintained vehicle will provide a lot of trouble for the car-owners.
Phillips Tyres provides the best summer check at Oxford for the customers living in and around Oxford and in places like Wheatley, Abingdon, and Bicester. A summer check is essential not only for the well-being of the car but also for the trip that you have on your mind.
Essentials of a summer check
A summer check entails that a lot of parts are examined and replaced if needed. These are done to ensure that your car does not have a breakdown on the road. Here are the essential features of a car summer check at Oxford.
- First and foremost, our technicians will replace your car’s winter tyres with summer tyres if you wish. Winter tyres are recommended only when the temperatures fall below 7 degrees Celcius.
- If you do not want to buy new tyres, we will ensure that all of the units, including the spare, have the correct pressure and tread depth (more than 1.6mm.)
- Ensure the windscreen wipers blades are in good shape and adjusting the water jet mechanism.
- Checking all oil and coolant levels.
- We check the car’s AC and repair any malfunctioning parts.
- Auxiliary and fan belts are inspected.
- Inspect and align the tyres
- Check for any brake malfunctions.
- Make sure your battery is properly working.
Best practices for a memorable tour
When your car has been inspected, there are still a few things for you to remember. After your car-check in summer ends, and before you embark on a long journey, ensure that you have the following items with you.
- A GPS navigator or updated maps.
- Plenty of water and hydrants to drink.
- Good-quality sunscreen.
- At least one high-quality torch with spare batteries.
- 2 or more high-visibility jackets and vests.
- A fire-extinguisher (make sure to check the label and gauge for proper service and pressure readings).
- Make sure you know how to change your tyres. Have some practice before you start your trip.
- A spare fuel can, and
- Ensure that you do not overload your vehicle.
Phillips Tyres offers a lot more advice and further services when it comes to a car-check in summer. Log on to our website for more details.